How to create a title page

Hoobidy

Hello,

Been using HD Suite for about 6-7 years now and think the world of it! I usually do only small examples of residential floor plans for my website. Now I have a need to create a title page where I can fill in my name as the designer, my address and contact info, perhaps insert a list of all the pages included in the plans ie: interior elevations, exterior elevations, electrical pages, proposed demolition, etc. Also to list the jobsite address. You know, just like the first page of any plans drawn up by a pro. Do I need to upgrade to Pro for this type of feature? Or I am missing something obvious? I am using HD Suite 2016.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

If I did plans for a living I would only use Chief Premier (I have been using Premier since 1995 so I am a little biased).. The ONLY Home Designer title that has real construction document capability is Home Designer Pro where you create a .layout file for each printed page and you are limited in native paper size to 18" x 24" paper as its largest output.

Chief Premier has no limitation as to size and you can create only one .layout file for as many as 1,000 virtual pages so Premier provided a lot more flexibility and productivity but does cost considerably more than Home Designer Pro. You can do pretty much anything in HD Pro you can do in Premier but you just have to work a little harder and sometimes out of the box to emulate what you can do more easily in Premier.

To do a title block in Suite you actually have to create a title block in plan view first after you have set up your drawing sheet and have shown your sheet in plan view plus you are limited as to how large a paper sheet you can print to. Doing this in Suite compared to Pro there is almost no comparison.

DJP

Thanks for your input Rookie65. I might have to do something similar. David, I might just upgrade to the Chief Premier when I can afford it. Seems like I am constantly chasing features only allowed on some version I don't have. That's just the way it goes.

Appreciate the help!

Dennis

Hi Hoobidy  Consider home pro !! The dollars spent on home pro , can be applied towards other versions of CHIEF  down the road . The learning curve of HOME PRO will be a great  baby step to using  chiefs more advanced products . Chief full version is about $2, 600 while the one under it is about $2,000 & home pro being $500 call chief sales about the purchase costs being applied !!!!!   The $2,000 dollar program will not let you do framing of walls where you see the studs , which i feel is a big draw back :mellow:  However those programs let you add layers & more pages which definetly saves time & steps  .  GOOD LUCK

Thanks crosscutter! Good advice. For the time being I am sort of  absorbed learning Corel Draw X8, and building a website attributed to residential remodeling - namely avoiding the pitfalls that have plagued way too many naive, yet innocent, homeowners. I will be doing a video titled something like "Understanding your plans" and in it I will explain things like interior elevations pages, electrical pages, floor plan pages, and you guessed it, title pages. In other words, I want to create plans that resemble actual architectural plans. Shoot, I might have to go with AutoCad. So I guess I have some investigating to do.  Take care-