khmunroe

can some one tell me how to correct this.  I have added a box window to the 2nd story of my building and I am trying to get the roof to match the room directly in back of the 2nd story.   I tried to increase the roof height to match the roof height of the bedroom but I get a hip style roof.  how can i make the gables roof of the front bedroom match the gable roof above the window box?   I am attaching a zip file as my uncompressed home designer file is 34mb.

15_Rogers_field_way.zip

house picture.png

khmunroe, I am using Pro, and did this by grabbing the roof plane over your nook (each side independently), locking the pitch and adjusting the ridge top height.  This was not a finished effort on my part.  Architectural I don't believe allows you to edit roof planes.

Not sure it's worth the effort for the nook.  The nook juts out into the garage roof, and will naturally trap leaves and water with the 90 degree angle.  And the window frame is cut by the roof, although you could move that.  

How about a bay/ box window instead?  You can do that it in Architectural i think,  and the angle for drainage would be better.   Just an idea.  You may be trying to mimic an existing building.

Rogers.jpg

Rogers II.jpg

While on floor 2, turn on the reference floor display.
Choose to build a new floor (floor 3)/ new blank plan.  In the structure box that appears, set the finished ceiling to 8".
Build 4 NEW walls over the bump out  ONLY  (Draw over the existing walls, because they are attic walls and will not define a room).  Make sure all 4 walls are aligned with the walls below.
Set both the front and back walls as gable walls.