Dishwasher changes location in 3D view

MikeBaldus

Hope someone can help:

As you will see in my plan file, the dishwasher I moved into the cabinet space in plan view changes in 3D view to appear as a dishwasher door on the face of the wall.  I've tried more than one dishwasher with the same effect.

Likely related is that the first couple of times I tried to place a dishwasher in plan view, the program popped a dialog saying something about the object being intended to install onto a cabinet face and do I want to make it freestanding?  I'm sure that isn't quite the correct text but I can't reproduce the message now.  It confused me since I clearly had an entire DW ready to position so I said "yes" to make it freestanding.  I'm not sure it would have let me place the DW onto a cabinet anyway - it doesn't now.

Thank you,

Mike

Apt 2 Kitchen.plan

That's what I assumed, which is why the dialog message had me confused.  So that's what I did - placed the DW in the empty space between cabinets.

Any idea why it appears as a DW door on the face of the wall in 3D view?  I can locate it properly in plan view but 3D is wrong.

It does look like you need to place a base cabinet, then choose a dishwasher and click on the cabinet to place it.

I have one saved in my library already in a cabinet, and just select it instead of placing a cabinet, then a dishwasher.

Give that a try -- placing a cabinet (any base cabinet), then just click on it after selecting your dishwasher in plan.

Thank you Eric, that was the trick!

Even though it didn't make sense to place a DW on a cabinet, I tried it before writing to the forum - but I tried to slide the DW onto the cabinet, which the program wouldn't allow.

Just clicking the "in place" cabinet did it.

I've never tried creating a materials list for anything yet, let alone a set of kitchen cabinets, but I can only assume that if such a thing is possible within the program they must compensate by deducting the cabinet. Or you end up with an extra B24 you didn't need... ;)

Many thanks Eric!

Mike

• 8 months later...

Mike,

I've been having a problem with my dishwasher. Did you find a way to resolve your issue. Every time I drag the dishwasher to the cabinet and becomes bigger than the cabinet. My software will not allow me change the size of the dishwasher. I'm having the same problem with the kitchen sink. (I using Home Designer Essential 2019).

Eric, Thanks for quick response. I can get the dishwasher to load into the design, but it is bigger the base cabinet. I found out that my version of the software doesn't allow me to change the size of the dishwasher. When I select the object it only allows me change the size of the cabinet. I play with it some more when I get home.

I wasn't sure if my signature was showing. I appreciate the feedback.