Tommydjohnsonjr

I stated the version in the question, but I did add it to the signature at your request.  I'm using HD PRO 18.  It seems VERY odd to me that if I were to design a home with brick, that I would not be able to have a brick ledge.  I've already searched the forums and utilized the "Help" system in HDP18 with no solid answer as to creating a brick ledge.  I'm hoping either a pro/frequent user or Chief Architect can help me create the brick ledge.  Thanks

Actual brick ledges, strictly in terms of fully 3D can be done in Chief Premier as Eric has shown you. Home Designer Pro does not have this ability but in terms of Construction Documentation you certainly can by doing a cross section in 2D and then draw using 2D CAD overlays a brick ledge or any other details required for plans. 

There is a difference between a relationally correct 3D (BIM) model and a 3D model that is used to create 2D plans from. Even in an isometric view or elevation view unless one has x-ray vision no one can tell or see a brick ledge except in a cross section or detail view which is the standard for construction documentation. For CD's Pro is fine, Premier is of course better and the more expensive.

DJP