UK 1930s bay window - triptych continuous windows - HELP!

jes3D78

Hi,

I'm trying to create a bay window with its 3 sides jointed, that is with its respective casings meeting together like in the picture. These are typical 1930s British windows. I only seem to being able to create a bay window that has each of the sides separate. Also, how would I create the bay window just for the ground level? I'm using Home Designer Architectural 2018 for Mac. I searched through a wealth of info but haven't found a solution yet. Also worth mentioning that I'm pretty new to the software :) 

Thanks in advance.

IMG_4698.JPG

Use the break wall tool, instead of bay window tool...for the window use the double casement window for both the top and bottom window.

For the front top, use the triple casement, also use the corner board tool, delete the apron and keep the sill.

The bay window tool is VERY limited as to what you can do with it manually, so do as LawB1o suggests. I would also use a pony wall (brick on bottom and siding on top) for the bay walls. You may also have to manually remove or edit the width of the casing of the bay windows to get them to fit properly. It can be done, but just takes a little extra manual care to do.

DJP

• 4 weeks later...