ROOF OVER DECK

RobynKS

Dear Lady, respectfully a statement such as "The training video instructions do not work." is just another way to say in fact that the steps shown in the training video were either not successfully taken and or not fully understood and implemented. Please keep that in mind.

Steps successfully  taken always equal desired results, so look for the setting or step not implemented and you will then have a success.

A room named "Deck" by default will have no roof possible (open the Room Dialog Box - Structure Tab" of any "Deck" room and you will see that "Roof over this Room" will be unchecked by default due to the naming convention choosen.

Place a "check mark" by "Roof over this Room" in the Room Specification Dialog and then when a roof is ordered built and you properly set the directives in each of the germane Wall Specification Dialog box - Roof Tabs then a shed roof will then and only then appear.

I am not a mean-spirited person but do mean you well by the above words, my intent is to help you.

DJP

Yes I have read the manual and watched the video. I have tried it many times as per the instructions. It still does not work. So I have reset all my defaults and will try it agin. I did click no ceiling over this room and i did click Roof over this Room to be sure to get a roof but it did not happen.