Shed roof Issues

djkiwi

Hi Guys. I've been playing around with Suite for awhile now and despite going through every tutorial under the sun still can't figure out how to do roofs properly and would be grateful for some help/pointers. I've attached a picture that shows the current shed roof. The two issues I'm having are:

1. The sides are not filling in. Notice the gap between the roof and the top of the siding. I'm trying to get the siding to go flush with the angle of the roof line. I unchecked all the ceilings but still didn't work.

2. The second problem is the wall height on the left needs to start at 7 foot high (kitchen) and then finish at 9 foot high on the right (living). If I change the wall height on one left to 84" inches it automatically changes the right also. So basically the shed rood should start at 7 feet and slope up to 9 feet. 

I tried to attach the export the .dxf file but it won't let me but was able to attach the .plan file.

Thanks

DJ

Existing Plan 60 Carport conversion Island kitchenv28 Table.plan

post-768-0-80999200-1410886319_thumb.jpg

Thanks Eric. I now have half the roof working! The problem is the other half is still flat and won't move up to the roof line. I've shown the settings I've used for all ceiling heights plus the pictures of the flat roof.  Any other ideas?

Thanks

DJ

post-768-0-40096000-1410896472_thumb.jpg

post-768-0-29464700-1410896515_thumb.jpg

post-768-0-53771600-1410896524_thumb.jpg

Hi David/guys.

Now that I've got the shed part sorted out (thanks for the help!) I'd like to finish off the roof. I'm not sure if this is possible in suite or not. So basically this roof isn't all shed. Half of it (the left half of the picture (with the long windows) is all shed and the right part (number 1 and 2) is a 7 ft wall that slopes upward as an eight foot wall and then slopes downward as the the same shed roof. So basically I need to put just the 1. part to 7 ft which will slope upward and then will join the rest of the shed roof.  I tried to change the pitch but it changes the pitch of the entire roof. I'm trying to change the pitch of only half the roof

Thanks in advance

DJ

post-768-0-20450200-1410932319_thumb.jpg

Lower the ceiling height in the room under the roof you want to change to the proper dimension.

Uncheck High Shed/Gable Wall for wall 1. You may need to break the wall where the roof changes.

Set the roof pitch on wall 1 so the new roof section joins where it should.

Thanks Eric. Nearly there I think. So I inserted a break in the wall to the right of the bank of windows then removed shed gable. The ceiling height was already set at 84 inches. The result was the first picture (Shed 6.jpg).

Next I raised the ceiling height to 96 on the wall left of the break (with the windows ). This achieved the result but I ended up with this dip in the roof (Shed 7 pic). I've included a view from the inside of the room as well where the dip can be seen (Shed 8). I'm not seeing any rogue settings anywhere. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

DJ

post-768-0-78031700-1410993618_thumb.jpg

post-768-0-63596900-1410993637_thumb.jpg

post-768-0-66384700-1410993654_thumb.jpg

Existing Plan 60 Carport conversion Island kitchenv38Table.plan

I looked at the plan. See no problems.

You should not need to raise the living room ceiling.

I'm dealing with a similar issue https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/344-high-shedgable-roof-woes/

I believe this is showing a bug, or limitation of the software.

Maybe someone with more experience will have a solution.

Hey guys! David is the one who is correct. You need to change floors to look at the attic view to make sure all lines/walls match.

Here's one of my shed roofed buildings:

The only way I could get the little windows to line up was in Attic View and the rest was like, doah!

post-382-0-51853900-1411100243_thumb.jpg