DXF to .plan

miscreant

I recently had as-built plans drawn up for the house I bought last year, and the draftsman provided me with DXF files for import into the software of my choice.  I checked out a trial of HD Pro and the DXF import seemed to work just fine.  However, I then purchased HD Suite not realizing that DXF import isn't supported on Suite.

I really can't justify spending $495 just to get one DXF imported, as once this is done I don't ever expect to do it again.  Is there some way to create a .plan file from a DXF without Pro?  Perhaps a standalone application of some sort?  Is this something a forum member with Pro could do on my behalf or is it a faux pas to ask?

Apologies if this is something that has been discussed before but a cursory forum search didn't turn up much by way of solutions and I'm brand new to HD.  Thanks in advance.

But a dxf file  is a CAD data file. 

It will open as just lines and arcs etc inHDPro - won't it?

The dxf is not going to be a three dimensional import like a 3ds or stl perhaps.

Dxf is fine for electronic drawing board 2 dimensional CAD.....with no BIM or 3D data.

I would guess you would have to spend allot of time expanding with trace overs etc to produce your HDPro model.

Rather a slow process from my past experience.

17 hours ago, solver said:

What can you do to it? What changes and additions can you make?

I was able to do everything I tried--resize walls, change text, draw new walls, etc.  Seems like there are no obvious restrictions on the file you sent.  I forgot to mention in previous posts that I have HD Suite 2018.

I gather from the responses here that the preferred method is just to import a different file type and trace over the lines.  I do have PDFs of the plans.  I realize that DXF files don't have 3D data and there would be a good deal of tracing anyway, but I figured with an import the dimensioning would be precise and leave less room for human error (something of which I have more than my share).  If DXF has no real benefit then I don't see why it would be a "premium" feature.