porch supports

ChiefUserTom7

Can anyone suggest how to place brick supports under a raised front porch?  I am using HomeDesigner Pro version 2018.  I have the porch attached with the roof covering the porch (gullwing roof), but I haven't been able to figure out how to add the square brick supports.  The supports match the old brick on the house and slope down from left to right (the terrain slopes in this direction when facing the house, so that the supports are of different lengths.)  I thought of possibly calling the porch a deck and using the deck support menu, but am new to this software and thought I would get some expert advice first.

Thanks,

To answer your question, you draw them in using a slab, soffit, or other shape, and select an appropriate material for them.

17 minutes ago, ChiefUserTom7 said:

Can you elaborate on exactly how this is done?

What are you having trouble with? Are you able to draw a slab, for example? Do you understand how to open its specification dialog and change its parameters, and/or reshape it in plan and camera views?

I'll suggest the following resources for self help. 

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

When you refer to drawing a slab, are you talking about building a new foundation?  Which menu item do you go to for these builds?  I've checked the knowledge base and these other references to some degree.  I'm sure my lack of experience with this software is causing most of my issues. 

There is a slab tool on the toolbar. Click it, then draw a square on your plan. You have just drawn a slab. Take a 3D camera (perspective overview) and see.

The entire program works basically the same way. You select what you want to draw, or an action to perform, then you draw or perform the action.

Spend a few hours watching the videos linked above to get a feel for how the software works.