trouble with creating manual roof lines

dukeford

Having trouble creating roof lines.

Have attached existing file fyi & help/ assistance.

All we wish to do in this instance is extend the  right hand side ie north south gable roof over non roofed area into east west roof, ie in Australia we refer to this as the ridge line

Create a flat roof over non roofed area.

Assistance appreciated.

Ross

Darran Draft 1.plan

I am sorry, in that I am thoroughly spoiled by the use of Chief Premier and Home Designer Pro; in these applications you can directly manipulate manually roof planes to edit them where and how you need them to be. In these you can just act whereas in Architectural and other Home Designer applications you must use secondary means to effect change. Some of the Non-Pro and Premier users here may have useful advice as to how to help you. Whereas I would merely suggest you upgrade and make it easier on yourself to do what you want done.

DJP

WOW! Thank you for the prompt replies, greatly appreciated..

I have to ask as DavidJPotter replies re the need for HD Pro to do this, David, this was the conclusion I was coming to

1.Mr solver, was your work/modifications to my file created on HD Architectural or Pro? and 2. how did you achieve the results I was after, its really got me miffed. Look forward to your informative reply and are you able to resend your modified file back to me per chance.

3.LawB10 thank you also, I will be combing through your return file to try to determine just what you did, a few hints if you may? Also were you using HD Architectural 2018 or otherwise?

Thank you again and sure to be connecting further into the future. Kind regards, Dukeford

3 hours ago, dukeford said:

Mr solver, was your work/modifications to my file created on HD Architectural or Pro? and 2. how did you achieve the results I was after, its really got me miffed. Look forward to your informative reply and are you able to resend your modified file back to me per chance.

I used Chief Premier, but could have used Pro. Just wanted to confirm what you wanted to do, so others like Law could work in it. 

Settings you need to change:

South wall of the flat-roofed room is set as a "high shed gable".   Unset that.

Open west wall, and north wall of the flat-roofed room, and on the roof tab, set the pitch to "0" ( it will default to 1.2).

Open room structure dbx and set the finished ceiling to a maximum of 2670mm.

Rebuild roof.

5 hours ago, dukeford said:

3.LawB10 thank you also, I will be combing through your return file to try to determine just what you did, a few hints if you may? Also were you using HD Architectural 2018 or otherwise?

I used Suite 2017 which can be opened and edited using Architectural 2018.

Jo_Ann explains what needs to be done, except I kept auto rebuild roofs on also you will need to use the break wall tool for the left rear wall, that way the Gable

builds correctly. The main roof pitch is 12".  Experiment by changing roof pitch, ceiling heights etc. to get an idea of how the software works.