Stair offset tweak

Peregrin

Is there a way to adjust the offset that Home Designer seems to automatically place between the stair stringer edge and the wall?  I am modelling my existing house prior to designing an addition and the two 3" dimensions shown below next to the 2'-6" stair width don't seem to be editable.  Is this driven by another setting in the stair tool?  Just a note I have the stringer width set to 1.5", and the default was 3".

Thanks 

Peregrin

Home Designer Architectural 2018

Sorry guys, I had cut and paste the image which displayed fine while posting but obviously you couldn't see it.  I realize now you have to use the attachment option.

Cheers

Stairs.png

This is a standard stair. No 3" gaps. 

Have you changed any of your dimension defaults?

Posting your plan file will help us understand better. Make sure it's not open in Home Designer.

Snap2.thumb.png.b1b0d7a0b069df600accfe1d88de9b5f.pngSnap1.thumb.png.26efbf0c9e527a8926efad37a730769c.png

On 6/4/2017 at 8:54 AM, Peregrin said:

Just a note I have the stringer width set to 1.5", and the default was 3".

Where did you find this setting? I know of no way to change it.

Thanks again for the quick reply.  I did drag the stair to the left as suggested and it snapped in place but am still left with the one side having the additional 3" that I can't seem to pick.  It seems to me, correct me if I am wrong, that 3" dimension is automatically inserted when using the Auto Stairwell feature.  Just trying to figure out what the 3" even represents or is attached to.

I'm able to select the 3" on the right. That dimension is for the wall partly under the stair.

Select the wall, move it to the right, then back to the left so it bumps into the stair. You will see that the 3" goes away.

Sometimes you need to zoom in close to a dimension to be able to open it.