Wall Overlap

TennScott

I just upgraded to HD Pro 2015 and I am having problems with what appears to be the first floor wall over-lapping the basement wall.  I thought that I had all of the structure information correct, but I had to play with it to get the proper ceiling height on each floor.  However, the overlap was present prior to my manipulation of the ceiling heights. I have attached a dollhouse view and a view of the cross-section view with dimensions.   Also attached is a copy of the structure dialog box for each floor.  Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

post-767-0-75321900-1410825497_thumb.jpg

post-767-0-18511300-1410825509_thumb.jpg

post-767-0-17912900-1410825520_thumb.jpg

post-767-0-57611500-1410825538_thumb.jpg

it certainly looks strange , your cross section shows a 8'6 basement. 10' main floor yet your Defaults say the main floor is 42" high? and a total height of 163.5" which is 13.5' , not the 18.5 or more you would expect...... 

in a new plan draw a simple square box house with basement , check it's cross section and floor defaults and then use those settings in your old plan.... 

M.

New users most common error is not setting "Edit -Default Settings - Floor" and other germane default settings before starting to create walls etc. When settings are incorrect and not planned out from the beginning you always get chaos and unnecessary wierd results. The software must be guided to a desired result, it is a mechanical device and "knows" nothing other than what you set it to "know".

Take the time to study and practice using the Reference Manual as your guide and then apply that competence to your project. Otherwise you then learn by trial and error only, wasting your time unnecessarily. Learn to use your tools and then and only then, use them is my advice.

DJP