Exterior wall in attic

hansense

I have a gable garage that runs into a taller section of the house. From the attic area above the garage facing the taller part of the house the wall of the higher portion shows as an exterior wall, so I see brick where I would expect a framed wall. Shouldn't the interior part of the attic show an interior wall, and change to show brick on the exterior portion when split by a roof plane? I can change the wall to an interior wall, but then the exterior part changes from brick to an interior wall.. I tried splitting the wall, but it still leaves brick on part of the interior wall. Is this as designed, or is there a way to get the interior wall of attic to show as an interior wall, while the exterior shows as an exterior wall?

Exterior garage meets house.jpg

Interior garage meets house.jpg

Engineering is not the point here, I believe. All that you are dealing with is expecting a mechanical device to exercise Human judgement which is an unreasonable consideration. Software is merely a mechanical servo mechanism for you to use but you must control and guide it manually to a specific result is all you are confronting. You need not redraw attic walls at all but rather just change the wall type to the wall type you desire manually by going to the <A> or attic floor level and then select and make the programming changes (the mechanical software will complain by delivering "error" messages but that is just a robot being a robot, which you should just ignore and just do what needs to be done with the tools at hand.

DJP