Angled Shower Wall

BrewerDesign

HD Pro 2018, new user - about one month - this is my first post.  I have searched the manuals, forums, training videos, and youtube and can't find an example of a shower enclosure with an angled wall.  That seems odd, so if someone can give me a link, disregard the rest of this post and I'll check it out. I created a test plan to replicate the wall conditions that make up the enclosure.  First image is with regular Interior-4 wall types to show the shape and dimensions I want.  The second image and the plan use four wall types; two for the back walls and two to make the enclosure - one full height and pony walls with glass above.

Thanks.

592c7c1f4497b_RegularWalls.thumb.jpg.ec6ef5ad26e33ff66f84ffd0251f59f6.jpg  with regular walls

592c83a018b6b_PonyWalls.thumb.jpg.311d724380988b1ca8e033119c136850.jpg  ... and changed to pony walls.

AngledShower.plan

First, door and door hardware obviously wrong, but not an issue - just forgot to fix materials or change out hardware before I posted.

The problems are

1) the corner on the left is not right.  I have tried many times to build the walls and best I can do is get one corner angled properly

2) can the glass on the top of the pony wall be reduced in height to match the door height (84") which should eliminate what turns out to be a stationary panel above the door.

Thanks.

592c94753b838_CameraPonyWalls.thumb.jpg.1542a2c18df517fc74142fc394b92ff2.jpg

First dont get solver  mad lmao fill out the signature info click on the top right under your name & click  account settings , then under signauture you get a window like you are e mailing , type your info in that box , it will go on the bottom of your post all the time 

Have you tried using the angular dimension tool on the walls ?  click on a wall & it will become highlighted then use the angular dimension tool on the walls . you will get a red icon i  beleive like an hour glass drag tha to the  next wall it will be a crazy looking line , once you let go of the mouse it will show the degrees of the wall dont move your mouse to quickly !!!! as you hover your mouse over the degree # you will see a hand appear . When you see that hand you should get another drop down menu where you can set that wall angle !!!!v Once again use the mouse slowly and sometimes it HELPS ALOT TO ZOOM IN 

• Upvote 1

Thanks crosscutter55 - first the signature - I filled that out when I first signed up.  Is there something else I need to do to get it to post?  I don't see it with any other posts - does it need to be turned on somehow?

I will certainly work on your suggestion.  When I open the angled wall it shows in the Wall Spec>General that the angle is 45.0 degrees.  Is there more to it?

Thanks again.

In your original post I could not tell what exact outcome you needed and wanted, I still do not know and not knowing that I have nothing to offer except to ask that you clarify what exactly you are asking in a way that than can be exactly answered. I know you know what you want but it is not clear to others exactly what that is.

DJP

Thanks to all responders.  Checked my signature again - clicked the X at "View signatures?" got a check.  Who knew?  Sometimes what programmers and users expect don't jive.  Long ago I designed interfaces for a living.  I know all too well!

solver got my intent spot on with his image of the shower: 1)angled pony wall with glass door intersecting with full height wall and 2)glass on pony wall matching height of door.

Thanks.

Hey crosscutter55 - I used the angle dimension tool to check all five walls and everything seemed well aligned at 90 and 45.  I'm assuming that you were suggesting if all had good numbers the software would take care of the corners.  Let me know if I'm mistaken.

Thanks.

The wording  ,assuming , clicking , & zeroing  in are issues i have been fighting for  awhile lmao The software will omly do what we tell it  ( default , gloally , template ) The software will not take care of anything unless you tell it to . THere is a good webnair on bath design in the videos