How to create a cupola resolved...

leonarddan1

I have finally figured out how to create a cupola. I have created a youtube video on how to do it. You can find it at https://youtu.be/FlU4H5F8wE8

The key is when you build the roof you must make sure the auto-rebuild is turned off, and that you have already created the cupola. It's hard to explain it just in a brief paragraph and the video explains it much better. I'll do my best to answer any questions I can. I'm surprised that no one has figured this out as it is fairly simple once you get the hang of the concept. It did take me several hours, but I finally did it. 

cupola2.JPG

cupola1.JPG

53 minutes ago, leonarddan1 said:

I'm surprised that no one has figured this out

How do you know no one has figured it out? :) You never asked.

Something is wrong with the video -- says it's unavailable.

Here is one I just did. Used 3 floors, the center one having invisible walls and located in the attic area of the first floor. 

Snap4.jpg

How about duplicating your post in Tips & Techniques.

Here are a couple of tips.

CAD lines are useful for centering when there is nothing else to center to. You can see one at the top and one on the right of the image. Center them on the room, for example, copy and paste on the floor above. You can now center things easily in reference to the floor below.

When using Pro, you could use the Roof Cuts Wall At Bottom option on the cupola walls. See the roof plane highlighted, and how is been pulled under the cupola wall. This cuts the wall and keeps the walls from showing on the inside.

For the image I showed in the post above, I used 3 floors. This technique can be used if you don't have Pro.

Snap5.thumb.jpg.b5a1bc3a57e1a9780512d7b928f4d9da.jpg