4 hours ago, tinyhouseguy said:

does pro do curved roofs like above the garage if so, how or do I have to move up to x7

No, software (any software) does not "DO" anything other than what it is directed to do by the end user, always. You can with some difficulty and patience create curved and even domed roofs using just Home Designer Pro (I have not done this in years but have done it years ago before Chief Premier obtained the ability under End User control to create curved roofs by way of roof specification dialog settings).

What you must do is to manually create manually segmented roof planes that follow a curve. The way I used to do it was to draw an arc in an elevation camera as a guide and then draw a short roof plane section altering the pitch of each segment to adhere to the drawn 2D arc line. Each new roof plane segment is set to the prior roof plane's "ridge". This way you mimic a curved roof segment. You then "Transform-replicate" that constructed segment however you need to complete the curve and then finish up the edges using the "Join Roof" tool on both sides of the segments sides.

This is NOT for the faint of heart but can be done by being methodical and intent on succeeding.

DJP

7 hours ago, tinyhouseguy said:

dutch-cottage.jpg

That's not a Dome Home, just a house with 1 curved roof plane. 

Pro has that ability built in to it's Dormer tool, if you can make that work. Otherwise, David's solution, while tedious, will work.

When someone says Dome Home, this is what I think of.

Snap6.thumb.jpg.103297ef50a3fb21b4547f5f7ab28874.jpg

12 hours ago, solver said:

That's not a Dome Home, just a house with 1 curved roof plane. 

Pro has that ability built in to it's Dormer tool, if you can make that work. Otherwise, David's solution, while tedious, will work.

that's what I wanted, but you said above,first response to me quote "None of the Chief Architect or Home Designer products do round shapes well, and you would need one of the Chief Architect products to do curved roof planes."you would need one of the Chief Architect products to do curved roof planes." so my response to you is ,what are the products?

I'd direct this to Chief Architect, clearly explaining what type of structure you want to design, and let them tell you the best product, if there is one.

To be clear, Chief Architect, the company, has several product lines, Home Designer and Chief Architect being the two marketed to users wanting to design a house.

20 hours ago, solver said:

Now you're talking.....That's a dome-home, or two....even.

Note - the Home Designer Core Catalogue - has a folder with domes and spheres in it,  that you could place in a model - but as to editing them, adding windows etc....I have never seen this exhibited anywhere in this forum. Sounds like a job for other software editors perhaps.......an 'igloo' tool.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 8.16.35 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 8.51.19 pm.png