Invisable Wall showing at foundation level in 3D view

solver

Eric, why do you have an invisible wall next to a deck railing-invisible wall (that is what it looks like to me you have done). Commonly you just use a railing wall that is invisible to demark the boundries of a deck "room" and such walls, so programmed have an "exterior and interior" wall setting that colors the visible edge of the deck so defined. An additional invisible wall (if that is what you did) is unnecessary and productive of unwanted artifacts.

DJP

Hi S.  how did you draw the Deck then ? normally if you use the Deck Railing or Deck Edge Tool to draw the deck the room is created automatically once it is a closed space , eg 3 sides plus the house wall.

In the Pic above it looks like you drew the wall / room divider beside the deck rather than "on the deck" though it really shouldn't be needed.

M.

Problem is related to the space to the left. It's a carport, and as long as it is not a defined room, the deck and railing work as expected. Image 1.

Define the carport as a room -- I am using Open Below as there is no floor, it will be gravel, and it effects the deck as seen in image 2.

I have attached a stripped down plan file if anyone cares to have a look.

Had a look and it is strange , i'd call it a bug , you are right it jumps over 4 " when you make the carport a room...

Only way I found to make it work was to enclose the Carport completely (4 walls) ,making the two abutting walls full gable with 0" overhang , I then made the front wall of the Carport's Newels 0" wide so that it wouldn't generate a double post at the corner of the deck. I made the Room a Porch and change the Concrete to Gravel-2 from the library after making the Floor -18" ?  the Terrain was a bit low as your foundation wasn't deep enough (footing was showing with default Terrain Height.)

Snipit kept freezing as did Paint trying to take pics of this so I had to take a couple of bad one's with my phone.....

post-25-0-03891400-1410748306_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-76898700-1410748318_thumb.jpg