Elevation views and then some

TheWitch

I have two questions.

First, I have HD Architectural 2018, and I am wondering if I can get an elevation view. I have overhead and 3D, but can't find out how to get an elevation view of a given side of house, garage or anything I design.

My second question is, When attempting to design a garage with a slab on grade and framed 2x6 walls on a single row of block it doesn't come out right. Even placing walls on slab, the framing extends into the slab, showing no sill plate at the bottom of the wall.

In Architectural you select the "Elevation" camera, left-click outside the side of the building you wish to create an elevation view and then drag your cursor in the direction you wish the camera to "look". There are different camera tools for differing purposes.

As a new user you would be well served to fully read your included "Users Guide" and then refer to your included "Reference Manual" (both found under "Help" dropdown menu), the Reference Manual has detailed and specific help to explain all the tools and settings you need to understand to get products.

DJP

I opened my copy of Architectural 2018. Built a garage, set the Room Type to "Garage". Went to "Edit - Default Settings - Foundation" and set the foundation type to "Slab on grade" then ordered the foundation to be built. I then did a "Framing Overview camera view" and I can then clearly see a bottom plate, studs and two top plates in that view, easy as "1-2-3". I wonder what you did that 

On 5/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, TheWitch said:

on a single row of block it doesn't come out right.

A monolithic slab does not have "a single row of block". My point is that the software does NOTHING but what you tell it to do by way of Default Settings and other settings. Things only come out right when you cause them to by your own intention and control not by magic or chance.

DJP