My First Project: Possible to be Built?

Olivier

Hello All,

I am French and newbie with Home Designer Architectural 2018.

I am an industrial designer, but I have no knowledge of masonry or building design.

HDA is a really powerfull tool, especialy in roof design! Please note, I am using it for a few hours, so I am in the beginning of my knowledge curve.

Here is my first quick project.

Could you tell me if this building is possible to be built?

Thank you for your help,

Olivier

Fresnes 2.plan

Thank you very much for your help Sover!

Thank you for your kind words about France :)

1) I will do it next time.

2) I live near Paris, last year I went to Paris see the finish of "Tour de France" from my home to "Champs Élysées" with my young son... By bicyle ;)

Commonly in the USA Gable ends especially non-street facing ones usually have a lighter weight material like siding for the structural reason Eric pointed out. While designing a custom home a person is wise to take the home's building costs in mind and spend your money where it serves you best. Once you finish your design you might show and discuss the project with several experienced builders who may have additional suggestions to make along this line of reasoning. Welcome to our forum, I wish you nothing but success!

DJP

• Upvote 1

David,

Thank you for your good wishes for success!

Buildings in France are currently governed by the energy saving standards "RT2012" (pending the next ...). In this legal framework, the exterior walls must comply with a thermal regulation, which is why they are thicker than each new law of energy saving.

This is a good meaning (preserve the planet) however, the constantly increasing thickness of the walls reduces the living space of the owners or tenants of the house.

Lastly, it is interesting to note that in France recently, given the demographic pressure on the outskirts of Paris and the surge in land prices, the legislator has decided to authorize the sale of very small land prohibited for sale until then.

As you rightly point out, our budget forces us to choose one of these tiny lands. In return, they are always twisted, forcing us to have a house in non-regular form, which is why we are obliged to draw our house by ourselves, because the manufacturers' houses - for obvious reasons of profitability - Only offer rectangular houses.

Having a rectangular house is a very good idea, however, this choice makes us lose precious square meters, which is why we must not sign with a classic builder, but with an architect.

I hope you understand that in the interests of cost savings we have made the first choice to use HDA to reduce the cost of this architect with whom we will be working on our future home.

Olivier

5 hours ago, Olivier said:

I hope you understand that in the interests of cost savings we have made the first choice to use HDA to reduce the cost of this architect with whom we will be working on our future home.

Understood, Best of success to you!

DJP

• Upvote 1