HAVING SOME ROOF GABEL ISSUES

CUBRAD

Hi Guys and Ladies! I'm new here! I've been designing and drafting for 13 years with another product and now trying to learn this one.. Everything I've done so far has been great! Having a few issues with a gabel, trying to mull a window and a few other things. Anybody willing to help a newbie? Thanks Brad

Yes I have watch about all those videos and they have been a big help to learn as much as I had. I'm just doing something wrong when it comes to mullin a window together. I try to select both windows but I get the wall to or something. I know rookie mistakes. I know it's something simple i'm not doing right..

Often times the auto roof generator is limited in your ability to set up the walls and dialog boxes to create automatically certain roof designs automatically. I usually start with the auto roof generator and then take what it produces and edit the design manually. Manual roof editing takes lots of practice since the burden of creativity is all in your hands but is the make-break of whether or not you get the look that you need and want. First learn your basic tools: roof dialog, Build Roof Dialog, local room dialogs-ceiling heights and the roof tab where you can try to create roof returns (sometimes these auto settings can fail to produce a specific outcome and you then have to step in manually to create what the auto settings missed).

As a new user you tend to lean on the software and its settings but to become truly competent you must learn how to manually manipulate things to exactly what you need and want. Studying the Reference Manual is a great place to start in terms of finding out what settings and where those settings are. But a next essential part is putting into action what you just studied so it fully becomes usable knowledge and not merely just word significance. The words are there to communicate "actions" so it is your responsibility to make sure the words a fully understood by you (words have usually several definitions and can be easily misunderstood if you are missing the definition intended by the author to communicate what are the precise actions involved.

As Eric has pointed out you will probably fare better with useful answers at Chief Talk than here. Chief has MANY more features and tools than any Home Designer applications.

DJP