CBS Wall Bottom

ascopeland

Many houses in Florida are concrete block structures (CBS). In the article from Chief Architect, "Creating a CBS Wall Type", you build a CBS Wall Bottom (with all of its layers like stucco, concrete block, studs, insulation, dry-wall, etc.) and CBS Wall Top (this is the bond beam), and put them together as a pony wall.

My question is what should the height of the CBS Wall Bottom typically be for a house with 8' ceilings?

You have referenced a Chief Architect article. If you are using one of the Home Designer titles, you may not be able to do this. If you are using Chief Premier, you are in the wrong forum -- see https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/

I'm unfamiliar with that type of construction, but assume the bond beam height will dictate the dimension of the lower wall.

It would also depend on the ceiling and roof structures and how they connect with the wall.

I am using Home Designer: Architectural 2018. I already set the walls up as described. I am guessing that there is a typical height of the bond beam with many Florida homes that have 8' ceilings. If I knew that, then I could calculate the height of the bottom wall.