Patio - curved angle not tight enough

matt36

I have Home Designer Architectural and I am trying to draw a patio out for my backyard.  Part of the patio is curved and will have a fire pit in the middle of it.  I am using a curved railing object but I cannot get the arc to be tight enough given the space.  What is the recommended method of accomplishing this?  I want an curve more like the top of the pink circle in attached picture.  There is probably an easy solution to this but I am just not seeing it.  Thanks!

Home_Designer_Architectural_2017.png

Actually there is not an "easy solution" but there are things you can do to make this easier. Temporarily turn off "Angle Snaps" just until you get exactly what you want. This action makes drawing arc's and circles a bit easier also using the "Alt" key while editing an arc of either a curved wall or a CAD arc. Is the patio area a circle like your pink circle? If it is an area within a larger area as looks the case above from your image, I would use invisible walls especially if the floor material differs from the larger area's floor area. This is a trail and error action, just keep trying until you do get the look you want. It can be done.

DJP

Re: #2 I am using a railing as I need sitting walls on the patio.  Specifically around the fire pit.  Additionally, that is what was suggested in this knowledge base article that I was following.  https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00910/modeling-a-brick-patio.html . If there is a better was to model this please let me know.

Thanks!

-Matt

You might try using 2 slabs for seating benches (1 for the base, 2nd for the cap). 

Manipulate the height, width, and curve to get exactly what you want.  

Then hold down control key, and select both slabs/copy/paste, and you will have 2 benches that are identical.

campfire & benches.JPG