Brick trim around windows

TomDesign

I want to show brick trim details when I look at the house with the orthographic full overview. 

I have some rectangular windows and an oval window. I would like to show brick trim on the sides and top of the windows for example standing the bricks on end along the tom of the window (soldiers), stacking a row flat on the sides and extending the depth of some bricks by a half inch or so. Can you point me to a tuturial or video that demonstrates this? I have searched the knowledge base and google and can't find out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm curious, and simply wanting to understand how others look at the software.

Did you consider painting the casing (and if needed, lintel) with a brick from the library.

Also, why an orthographic camera? I don't think I've ever used any of the orthographic views.

Others, in order to get greater orthographic reality also use reshaped soffits (found under cabinet tools) for lintels. This creates a more 3D type view for those architectural details for your plans. It is your choice as to how "real" you get. I suppose  you could make sloped brick ledges in Sketch Up and then import the custom symbol into Pro to emulate sloped brick ledges. Again it is your choice.

DJP