Home designer for a Residential Contractor

cciflag

I'm interested in purchasing the Pro version of Home Designer. I am a residential contractor that mostly does remodels and additions. I would like to use this software to help me out with getting plans for permits and save me some time instead of hand drawing them. For any bigger projects I would still use a drafter or architect. I have messed around with the trial version of the software for the last few weeks but I just want to be sure that it has everything I need before I purchase it. 

4 hours ago, solver said:

None of the Chief Architect/Home Designer products handle remodels well. The software is designed for all new construction, not additions or remodels.

I do not agree with the above statement. I started doing exclusively remodel projects back in 1994 and later branched out to custom home and lite commercial projects using this software.

Lots of remodeling firms use Home Designer Pro exclusively and yes there are some limitations built into software that only costs slightly under $500.00 that you do not have in Chief Architect Premier but by the same token Pro is a lot easier to learn for beginners than Chief Premier (there is less one has to learn in Pro versus Premier). As a casual user you are only limited by your imagination, creativity and your intent to graphically communicate using it.  

You must be willing to be honest with yourself and  your intentions as to how expert you become using the software. The software by itself draws and knows NOTHING.  You must supply the competence and guidance to lead the software to a desired result. This is done only by YOU based wholly upon your willingness to study, practice and create your own competence using the software. Are you willing to do this? Yes or no. Only you can make this determination for you.

DJP