Moving the gable vertex??

kwilton

Hi all,

New to this forum and to the software. I've searched all the databases for the answer to what I assume is a fairly easy problem, but came up empty. Maybe I am using the wrong vocabulary? I am using HDA 2015 to design a home addition.

My trouble is with building our roof...On our home, the vertex of the gable is not in the center of the house, but about a third of the way to the front. This gives our home a fairly steep pitch in the front with a lower pitch in the back. HDA keeps putting the vertex in the middle of the house, which severely messes up the pitch of the roof. I can't for the life of me figure out how to move that damn line over the supporting wall that actually sits under it.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I promise I really did try to figure it out myself before bringing it here. For a couple of hours. :(

Thanks!
Kari

Eric has it right , you just need to measure the angles of the existing Roof  eg with a Level "App" on your phone    (or guessimate it like Eric has above.)

if you cant get the angles then get a horizontal measurement to the Peak off the front wall and then plan with the common roof angles

until you are close to the distance measured for your ridge off the front wall.

There is a page of common roof Pitches (angles)  in your reference manual.

M.