simpson connections

crosscutter55

No one can answer your question with certainty without first knowing what software application you have and its version number. Depending upon what you do have will determine your answer. Also one would need to know in what file format you wish to import into your software, do you know the answer to this query?

DJP

I have used Simson Strong ties as 2D details and I assumed that is what you wanted to do (to add them to cross sections). I have used 3D models of Simpson Strong Tie 3D as well but less often as they are VERY small symbols. Perhaps you can tell us exactly WHAT you want to do and so save us a lot of wrong guesses. Why do you want such objects and how do you intend to use them please?

DJP

i would like to show the  bolt  patterns and joist  hangars on a legar board so joists and hangar dont interfer with each other. Possibly have a legnd showing the  connectors with pictures of them for workers to pick them up 

show post to  beam connections , joist to  beams  , stair  stringer connections

in the simpson deck connection and fastening guide page 7 they  show a deck with all these connectios can i duplicate that in home pro 

i know this  might  be overkill but all the preplanning is why i love these programs !!  

what are your hourly rates ?

8 hours ago, crosscutter55 said:

what are your hourly rates ?

I charge $75.00 per hour for all my help services. The way I have done this in the past is in plan view I use text with arrows to show where specific Ties are to be placed (this data is usually communicated to me by the consulting Structural Engineer on a project. Not myself being an Engineer or Architect.  I am not licensed to layout details and could be fined $5,000.00 by the State Architectural Board for doing so on my own without the consultation of such a licensed person.)

I also would create a "Details Page" showing the ties in a 2D drawing per tie type usually using details downloaded from the Simpson website. I have done these as 3D details if the Engineer prefers them which takes a lot of additional work putting together 3D objects that emulate the Simpson Ties and other Structural instances all specifically directed by a Licensed Structural Engineer only.

I liked the obvious skill with which you created the sample layout page that you attached. Do you have a consulting Structural Engineer with your project? If you do not then I would not want to help you with structural call outs, sorry I cannot afford such fines. Teaching you how to do such call outs is slightly different, especially if you are an Engineer yourself.

DJP