how match roof ridge heights in an addition?

mkeffer

hello, 

I am trying to draw an addition to an existing home.  Existing is simple cabin with full gable roof on north/south ends.  The second story of the existing (eastern) portion is very short -- has 2' kneewalls, with open ceiling extending up to the peak of the roof.  The addition is at right angle to existing structure, and I want gable roof on it with ridgeline going east/west.  

I tried to match the height of the second story in the western addition, but the roof ridge of the addition comes out significantly higher than the existing house.  I have looked at the dialog boxes for 2nd story rooms and walls and tried to make everything match.  Any wisdom on how to make the ridges of both pieces of the roof be at the same altitude?

I am using Home Designer Architect 2018, windows 10 computer.

thanks in advance; file is attached.

mkeffer

cabinHD 3-3 20x24.plan

hi jo_ann

thanks, i tried your suggestion but i don't think it worked.  as far as i can tell, this still leaves the two ridgelines at different heights.  and it also changes the pitch of the existing cabin's roof to 19/12, which i don't want.  any other ideas?

mkeffer

with 19 pitch.JPG

Before making any changes to the roof, I placed a soffit at the top of the west ridge of the original cabin, for a visual purpose.

I then changed the west and east walls of the addition to a 19/12 pitch.

As you can see, the soffit and the original roof are still at the same pitch/height as they were, before changing the pitch of the addition.

roof pitch.JPG