Acute Wall Corners

Jack_SBD

When I join two interior walls at an acute angle they meet in a point versus the normal 4-1/2" square end that you would ordinarily get in normal construction and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Jack

• Upvote 1

As Eric has said, a specific answer to your question requires you telling us what software title and its version you are using. However, whatever you are using its wall tools act the same whether it is Home Designer or Chief Premier. I often add a custom slab to such corners set to the same material as the joining walls to have it appear to have a more squared appearance in camera and plan views. This has been the way it is since I started using this stuff back in 1995 and has not changed. I think I will render this as a feature request for future versions as you certainly have a valid point and complaint.

I have also used three walls to form a more squared off corner (as you have seen only two walls creates an unwanted point), it is not particularly easy to do but can also work. The third wall squares off the corner.

Here is a You Tube video of me demonstrating this:

DJP