Unwanted Interior Jambs

Acropolis

Surprised nothing here, but with cement walls, the standard interior door construction is to include the slab in a metal frame. No casings or JAMBs required.

I have tried resetting the default interior door, working each door but each one when you review the materials list has an UNWANTED jamb.

Going back over the settings, there is a greyed out interior jamb that regardless of door type - no known way to get rid of it.  This is a bug in the software?

You could use the "Doorway Tool" and then turn off the casing to obtain a doorway that is not cased or you can use an interior door and the via its dialog turn off casing and threshold to obtain a wall opening that is not cased. This is not a "Bug" because this has been so programmed this way since I started using this software in 1995. What the dialog is telling you is that on an interior doorway or door there is no "Exterior Casing" rather just "Casing".

DJP

Sorry, your description isn't clear or doesn't work. I have  door, not a doorway. Nor is there a doorway tool if its a door we are working on, one or the other not both if its a door in question, and the when you open it up to edit, the exterior casing is grayed out, you cannot un check it.

Is this another difference in software levels, higher level, lower level of frustration?