xy lines

ChiefUserTom7

I noticed on the NEW  screen that there are XY lines attached to the cursor.  In some of the training videos these lines are not present.  Is there a way to toggle these lines on and off and what exactly is the purpose of the lines?  I'm referring to Home Designer Architectural 2018. 

I usually have "Cross Hair" turned "on" because I use them to check the alignment of objects while in an elevation view and in other views. Being an end user "Preference" you can have or not have the cross hair at your choice like Eric indicated.

DJP

Thanks, David.  I was eventually able to find this info in the users manual.  I suspected this could be toggled on or off.  By the way, do you have a recommendation about which version of Home Designer to purchase?  Currently, I'm reviewing the trial version of Architectural Home Designer.  I'm giving thought to the Pro version however.  I use this mainly as a hobby, but would like to have rather full functionality.  I'm not interested in the higher end Chief Architect, however.  Too much money for my purposes. 

9 hours ago, ChiefUserTom7 said:

Have you had any experience with this program?

No, I have never had a reason to examine other CAD programs  than Chief Architect and Home Designer. Once you master a particular CAD program you have no need to look elsewhere, only those who are not willing to apply themselves to a single program in terms of study and practice that is full featured would want to do so in my opinion or like you, just getting started. I have been a successful user of Chief Architect since 1994.

DJP

Does anyone else out there have any experience with the HGTV Virtual Architect, the professional version?  I already have a version (HGTV Ultimate Home Design with landscapes), but would like to avoid wasting my time in trying to learn this program if it is inferior.  I would appreciate any comments.