memory issue

KhryssEmyrielle

hi! good day! is there anyone who can suggest solutions for my problem regarding memory issue. i always experiencing this (kindly see attached pictures) everytime i'm working on my plan. my computer specifications are...intel quad-core processor 2.5 GHz,32-bit OS,  3GB RAM, video card(kindly see attached pictures). thank you.

Engr. Rodante H. Bernabe

Home Designer 2015

Windows Vista Home Premium

post-713-0-71943700-1410141330_thumb.jpg

post-713-0-05928500-1410141355_thumb.jpg

I am guesing that you are using a laptop and as such there is little you can do other than eventually upgrade to a more modern, expensive PC or Mac. The problem with most laptops is shared memory for the video card. For best performance you need a video card with 2-3 Gb of VRAM built into the video card (not shared as you currently have).

I realize that the above is not very useful in terms of a solution but it probably the truth of the matter.

DJP

i'm using desktop computer. i had contacted the support and their suggestion is to change my system to 64 bit, which i think will cost me more because i had to change my processor and operating system and all of my other programs installed in my computer are running in 32 bit so i think it will be costly. will it resolve the issue if i upgrade my 3GB RAM to 6GB?

thank you, 

Engr. Rodante H. Bernabe

Home Designer 2015

Windows Vista Home Premium

Most of my software programs are also 32 bit but a 64 bit PC will easily run 32 or 64 bit programs easily. A 64 bit PC or Mac has hardware designed to run 32 or 64 bit applications.

will it resolve the issue if i upgrade my 3GB RAM to 6GB?

No, in that Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 x 32 will only use a maximum of 3Gb of system RAM, one would have to have a modern, 64 bit operating system to use more than 3Gb.

may i ask the steps on how to set up virtual memory? and do's and dont's about it. thank you again.

Open your Windows "Help" files and search for: "

Diagnosing memory problems on your computer "

DJP