Ceilings with blank sections without materials shown

Lightspeed65

Has anyone come across ceilings outside of a building that have blank patches like shown in the attachment?  What causes them, and how can I get rid of them?  I can use the eyedropper and paint them to match, but then the entire ceiling is painted that way, so they must be part of the ceiling but somehow don't realize they are outside of the building.

032517-Missing Materials.pdf

Eric, thanks for the assist.  I managed to track down the issue a bit: using the layer display options and by process of elimination, the artifact I am seeing is part of the "roof, overhang area."    I attached a pic showing the artifact whihc is near the top of the deck chair.  When I turn "roof, overhang area" off, it disappears, along with the artifact.  However, even when I deleted the roofplane that the overhang area was part of, and recreated it from scratch manually, the artifact appeared in the roof plane exactly as before.  Also, I cannot select the roof overhang area by itself, even when I unlock it via display options.  Let me know if you still need the file, and how you want it packaged (e.g. zip, backup, etc.?)   Thanks very much, Dave.

Roof overhang artifact 1.pdf

Snap34.thumb.jpg.3e27c93ae142e137ed476d7bbdf250c9.jpg

What you are seeing are artifacts from unneeded attic walls. 

I only looked at this structure.

Snap36.thumb.jpg.9501d450bcf94824fbd915fae098a48c.jpg

Go the the attic level, turn on Reference Display, and you can see the walls and how they relate to what's below.

I'll uncheck Auto Rebuild Attic Walls, go to the Attic level, and delete it.

Snap35.thumb.jpg.7180d0163e3804f4103a88a6620a20d2.jpg

Set the tall wall in front of the car to show the lower part (under pony wall) to make it easy to align with the short wall to its left.

Set these two walls to Through Wall at End.

Snap37.thumb.jpg.fe18b082578c9752e00171a2fc57f1ea.jpg

Eric, wow, not sure I would have ever figured that out.  So I follow what you are saying up until the auto rebuild comment; I cannot find that option in my software and don't find it in help.  I also don't understand that last comment about the pony wall if you can elaborate.  I really thank you for figuring this out; I have when things don't look right and I cannot figure out why!  Dave.

33 minutes ago, solver said:

I'll uncheck Auto Rebuild Attic Walls

Pro does not have this option, at least Pro 2016 does not.

I'd send this to support if you can. Use Edit>Edit Area to copy just this one structure to a new plan. Delete everything but walls floor and roof.

Snap38.thumb.jpg.99ac92497192609cfee9bc5ce2815746.jpg