Need to remove soffit, but it disappeared from my plan.

JAMICHAU

With much help from other forum participants, I've created a drawing of a detached garage with a storage loft spanning the back of the space.  As part of this process, I created a soffit spanning the entire width of the garage, about 8-feet above the floor and 8-feet from the back wall to represent a beam supporting the loft.  After that, I added a second floor and set the room type as a Deck to represent the framed loft.  After adding the second floor, the soffit disappeared from the drawing, but still shows in Camera view.  I can't figure out how to delete the soffit when it doesn't appear in the drawing.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Oh, geez!  I gotta get better at trying things.  I didn't think to click on the Select Objects button while in camera view.  So, I did that and could select the second floor rooms, each, as a whole, but not the soffit.  Now I'm wondering whether what I'm seeing is the soffit.  Does this look like soffit framing in front of the deck in this uploaded image?  The software will not allow me to select the light-colored surface in front of the deck frame....

Soffit Snip 3.JPG

Soffit Fram.jpg

OK.  I think I answered my own question.  I went ahead and removed the entire second floor, then the "soffit" went away.  I think it was just something the software applied to the deck frame, maybe something to do with the invisible wall that divides the second floor into to spaces.  I've now re-created the second floor and it looks the same as before.  I'm sure I had already deleted the soffit prior to the first time I created the second floor.  Thanks, Eric.  I'll work harder at figuring out things on my own.

Edited by JAMICHAU
A more complete thought