Adding A Room Above The Garage - with balcony

Traumranch

I am really struggling with this plan. I know how I want it to look but I just can't get it to work the way I want it to.

Using the walkthrough I can get the room in the attic, with the full gable roof and I can add stairs and all of the other stuff. I can not figure out how they added the dormer (I think that is what they did). It doesn't discuss this part in the walkthrough.

Also, I can't figure out how to get the roof on the side to position correctly. When I lower the pitch of the roof to a 4-12 it switches to a hip roof. I don't want that. I want it to be a shed roof like the picture.

I am attaching my "inspiration" as well as the way I want the room above to eventually look. The only difference is that the room above will have a door that walks out onto the balcony that is above and attached carport.

I am reversing the image provided putting the "carport" on the right, and the smaller garage on the left. The roof above the smaller garage I want kept the same. 

The portion over the carport I want to be a balcony that is accessed from the room above the larger center garage. This will look similar to the screenshot of the walkthrough provided by homedesigner only with a door and obviously no roof under the door. 

The demensions I am using is smaller side - 12x22 Larger center - 18-28 carport 12x28. The smaller garage is positioned 4 feet in from the back of the larger garage to provide space for an outdoor shower. I hope this isn't too much in one, but I am really stuck trying to get this figured out. Thank you in advance.

Edit: I thought I had it in my signature but I don't see it. I am using homedesigner pro 2017

work with this.png

agsf.png

37 minutes ago, Traumranch said:

I hope this isn't too much in one

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Traumranch said:

Using the walkthrough I can get the room in the attic, with the full gable roof and I can add stairs and all of the other stuff. I can not figure out how they added the dormer (I think that is what they did). It doesn't discuss this part in the walkthrough.

What "walkthrough" are you speaking of?

44 minutes ago, Traumranch said:

I can get the room in the attic

You may think of the space as an Attic, but to the software, it's a 2nd floor, and best to refer to it that way.

How about posting your plan file (not a picture of your plan, but the actual file) so we can see what you have now.

The thing about posting for help is that you are immersed in your project and its problems and shortfalls, those who might want to help are not. So as Eric suggested post a copy of your plan and enough explanatory data to convey with a certain exactitude exactly what your problem or problems are. Do not assume that anyone else knows at a glance what you are talking about. Be concise and keep it simple.

DJP