Slab with footings

tjcoy747chief

I first have to state I am not a designer so apologize for ignorance of some of my questions. I have used CAD for mechanical engineering and have done many remodeling jobs durning my life time but using this CAD design software is a 1st. I am trying to get the basics done for a vacation home to be built in Philippines. In the Philippines the stand build is concrete and center block ( they call hollow block. I have been using this software now for 2 years in a part time way since building is not to take place till this time next year. I am far from using a fraction of the power of this program but recently decided on some major changes and found that because of my lack of knowledge of this software I never really built the foundation properly which of course has caused all the work to be voided in that changes can't not be made.
--- Sorry for all this explaining but my real question is on how do I lay out my Slab with footing when it comes to one wall being an arc. I am going back watching the video again but if anyone could please send me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Again I never did do the foundation right so changes not going to happen so starting over hopefully with proper foundation.

--- Thanks Very much for your time and consideration, Tim

Tablas 1st real drawing 2nd floor done with open bottom now deck 15.plan

--- Tim

Home Designer Pro 2017
Build 18.3.2.2x64
Oct 25 2016

Edited by tjcoy747chief
Forgot Signature

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I am using Home Designer Suite 2017 Build 18.3.2.2OSX

I am trying to follow the videos, but many things seem to be hidden or missing, such as a slab tool, custom countertops and back splash; variety of cabinet designs, color choices, etc. Is my program without these features are am I not looking in the right place? thanks