Arts & Crafts default interior casing not in Library?

MikeBaldus

Hello,

Drawing a plan with the Arts & Crafts template causes the default interior casing to be WOCS003. But that casing is not one of the library choices. It's somehow built into the program, but once you change the casing from the original default to one of the Library choices you don't seem to be able to go back!  Or can you?

I currently have that WOCS003 as the default casing for doorways but changed to the casing type CA-01 from the Library to draw some interior doors and windows. Now I can't see a way to draw a new window or interior door with the original WOCS003 casing.

Help?

Thank you,

Mike

Create a new plan using the Arts & Crafts template.

Place a Door and a Window in the plan. 

Select one and copy into your working plan. You may also, (I think) add the door and window to the library, making them available in any plan.

Right click somewhere outside the walls of the structure. Paste, then Paste, then click where you want to place the window/door.

Or Control-V (on a PC) and click where you want to place the window/door.

You can also copy and paste the wall containing the door/window.

Thank you Eric!

That worked perfectly!  That process wasn't at all intuitive for me; sure glad you had the experience.

Also, I played with your idea of adding a window to the library and that actually was pretty straightforward. Select the object, then an "Add the selected object to the library" button appears on the edit toolbar.

Many thanks!

Mike