Odd Angle Stairs

ChiefViking

Im sure the tutuorial for this is stuffed away somewhere, but the sheer amount of tutorials out there is staggering. So, in the meantime while digging through them all I thought id post this here and maybe get a quicker link or answer while i search.  I am tinkering with building an odd little house, with a trapezoid shaped entry hall and cant figure out how to get my stairs to connect with the upper level at an angle. I have a attached a screen shot to show what I am trying to do. Also if anyone knows how to get my upper and lower walls to align thatd be great too. Theyre off by like 2" and its driving me bonkers. BTW if you can tell I'm brand new to this.

Angled Stair issue.jpg

A wedge shaped step like that at the top of a flight of stairs would be poor design practice and a trip hazard. I would add a triangular protrusion to the balcony where the stairs meet up to it. Then the stairs should mate up fine.

Not sure if it works on other versions, but on Pro, if you right click on an upper floor wall that is close to one underneath, it will give you the option to align with wall below.

Tom

• Upvote 1