How To Stop Dynamic Dimensioning Overload?

ValinHawK

Hey gang, my HDP2016 started adding too many dynamic dimensions when I go to move a simple wall -- so many I can't see important elements anymore while making a move.  See screen shot.  I've looked all over the knowledge/training resources and can't find anything on how to control this.  Can anyone help with this --- how do I control this feature?

Thanks!

Valin

Screenshot (12).png

Thanks Eric, in HDP2016, when I go to Edit>Delete Objects, the window that comes up doesn't have anything labeled "Interior Dimensions"...  I found videos saying this same thing but figured they applied to an earlier version than what I have when I saw my HDP2016 Delete Objects window.

Screenshot (13).png

That didn't work...  These dimensions only come up when I select the wall I want to move -- I thought they were called "dynamic dimensions" rather than "automatic dimensions".  Sorry if I didn't make that clear.  These are not auto dimensions, they appear when I select a wall to move it.  Then I can't see the details I need to see to move/relocate the wall...

Okay, thanks.  Here it is, a work I progress... 

For example, I want to move that little wall just outside the master bedroom.  When I select the wall so many dimensions appear I can't see the surrounding things to relocate it.  HDP didn't behave like this before today so wondering what happened...

THORN_Sedona_House_Design_A14N.plan

Like Eric has suggested you can turn any visible objects on and off at your choice. I personally never use auto interior dimensions because it is information overload by default. I use auto exterior dimensions for certain printed plan views and past that I use manual dimensions. When you print to scale the need for printed dimensions is less important. There are certain dimension points that are more important than some others. You need to think of Architectural Plans as visual, graphic communication and as such they should clearly communicate per view what is intended to be understood by others. Too much communication is no communication.

DJP

Thanks Eric and David.  I'm not sure when I at least thought I'd deleted "Automatic Dimensions" objects yesterday why it didn't seem to take.  On a fresh boot of my computer today I deleted them again and the problem went away. 

I guess in my experimenting and learning I must have commanded auto interior dimensions and then just hid them in the layers control.  Now I understand that when one goes to move a wall that, even with the auto interior dimensions hidden, they appear during the move of an object.  And, as David pointed out, the auto dimensioning feature is too much...

Thanks again for the help!

Valin