partial basement vs other foundation walls

rfcomm2k

I understand the relationship now between stem walls and foundations and how stem walls are used for basement walls. I hope.

But how do I set the default settings for a structure where the perimeter is a normal height foundation, but inside that perimeter there is a partial basement under a few rooms of the first floor. First floor elevation is 24" above grade.

12 minutes ago, rfcomm2k said:

But how do I set the default settings for a structure where the perimeter is a normal height foundation, but inside that perimeter there is a partial basement under a few rooms of the first floor. First floor elevation is 24" above grade.

I would not call 24" above grade a normal height foundation.

What type of foundation will the house have (excepting the partial basement area).

What is a partial basement? Is that a full height basement room, and it's partial because it is not under the entire house?

The entire house rests on a footing that is 12x18, on top of which is a 48x8 foundation wall that is about 11" above grade. On top of that is a sill plate and 2x12 floor joists and the sub floor.

Now, under the central part of house, extending 24' from the front foundation wall toward the back and 20' wide is a deeper foundation wall to form the basement. Of course, part of the main house front foundation wall will have to be deeper as well. This foundation wall for basement will be about 96" deep.