Are there boulders in the library?

eganders

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Are there boulders and large rocks in the library?  I have looked, but either there are none or I have not searched for them properly.  I also looked on the Home Designer web site and found none.  I must be searching improperly.

Are there a USER generated libraries for Home Designer?

Another case of know what to put into the search engine....boulder got me nothing ...rock got me those 3 in Pro 10 and another 7 images of rocks in the Images library I had never seen before  and a Rock Pond in of all places the Statuary Library along with the Gnome and Buddha head :) 

I found a good rock and probably more exist in the Trimble 3D warehouse.  I downloaded the .SKP file, but when I tried to import it a .SKP file is not listed (see attached file showing file selection dialog) and the filename is grayed out.  Maybe my 2015 Mac version does not support .SKP files?   

Hard to believe Architectural program does not have boulders in it.  The 3 boulders in the Pro program would work for me, but I don't know how you get something that is in another program library.  Basalt Columns?  Only if I was working on landscaping with a 2001 Space Odyssey theme...

post-46-0-78829900-1400333668_thumb.jpg

I am having issues finding anything in a CAE file format in the 3Dwarehouse.  The site is https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com where I downloaded a rock in SKP format that I could not open on my Mac.  All I can find are SKP files.  I found a site that explained that you could use " filetype:dae" in the search box, but I get an error that it is an invalid command.  I looked at the advanced search, but there is no filetype search filter.  Am I in the right warehouse?  Can someone guide me?

My files have .PLAN extensions in Architectural 2015.

No, I did not import anything that was not part of the standard download and setup.  I guess I will check to see what I can add.

Checked!  I found some nice rocks in the bonus files.  Thanks!

not sure about the Mac version or 2015 Titles but the Standard download only used to contain the Program and the Core library , you needed to download the Bonus Libraries and Manufacturers libraries separately, either directly or by updating the Catalog for each Library in the Lirary Browser , you will need to check the Ref. Manual for your version.

All the Library files ( in Windows) come in .calibz format .  the .plan extension is used for all your Plans only. there are also .layout files , in Pro at least. 

Perhaps you can open the .skp in sketchup and resave it as a .dae file?

this is the Chief/HD library download site....

http://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/library&search=&x=0&y=0&x=true&soft_family_2=2&hid_soft_family_2=2&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=