Aligning floor plans in Layout files

WDBofVA

I am creating layout pages in individual layout files and printing them to pdf files. I then add each into a set of layouts in a single pdf file, That all appears to work well - but! Can anyone tell me a way to align the different different floor plans (basement, floor 1, floor 2...etc) between the layout files? Each floor has different extents and therefore position themselves differently when sent to its layout file. This is not too obvious until you print then out and stack then up or merge them into a single pdf file where you can flip through page quickly. I have an elevator hoistway that goes through 3 floors but it moves all around the layout files because of automatic walls and external dimensions, active cameras...etc. You can really see this if you send all the floors to a single layout file - nothing lines up.

Any workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

David,

Thank you for your suggestion. It works well!.

I have a layout template for each page of my plan.  I used you idea, but found a easier way to mark each template. I selected a common point for all sheets and recorded its X,Y coordinate on the first layout sheet. Then, as I updated the other sheets, I would "Input" a CAD point using the X,Y coordinate that I had recorded. Then move selected common point to that CAD point and "Delete all temporary points" so I could get a clean printout. Nice!

Many Thanks! :D