Floating House on a landscape

1ucieAlfie

Hi,

This is probably really simple but it seems to have baffled me,

I have a nice plan but when I view it with a camera it floats on top of the landscape. How can I anchor the bungalow to the landscape ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Debby

Home Designer Architectural 2017

Windows 10

Every  object in this software has a "Dialog Box", Open the "Terrain Specification Dialog" and then look directly at the "Building Pad" input box. Uncheck "Automatic" and then play with raising and lowering the input value for that input box and then observe the resulting changes that changing that value makes in terms of positive or negative values.

Back in the 1990's "Terrain" was first added to this software as a feature and is treated as an additive to this day. Terrain has its own tools and settings to do what it does. Study the Reference Manual Sections that explain how to use them to get a product and then practice applying changes to a Terrain Plane to get a feel for how it works.

Guessing how something works is something we all do initially. Guessing is mainly a waste of your time. Study and practice and confronting the software and its dialog boxes is the way to become competent and is not a waste of your time to do.

DJP

Many thanks for all your help but I think it wasn't the terrain but the 3d backdrop I was talking about. Sorry all this technotalk is doing me in.

I have decided to just remove the backdrop and use my imagination instead.

Cheers

Debby