Can't change default siding color

dfisher

My wife and I recently finished creating our dream home in Suite 2017, making numerous revisions along the way, including changing roof slopes, siding and trim colors, foundation styles, room sizes, dormers, etc. which resulted in a few things not meshing properly in the final version.  Now that we know exactly how we want it to look, we thought that it would be best to re-draw the plan from scratch, by first setting all of the defaults to our own preferences.

I am in the middle of doing this, but cannot seem to find where to change the color of the default exterior siding.  The default is currently Gray 3, but we want Gray4 with medium brightness (result is a darker gray).  The Default Setting dialogue, under "Materials" has a "Walls (Interior)/Soffits" option, but nothing for exterior walls.  If I click on "Walls" in the root dialogue, I can choose between different wall styles (Siding 6 vs. Siding 4, etc.), but can't change the siding color.

Am I missing something?

Thank you,

Darrell

Suite 2017

There are two locations for this: 1. Edit - Default Settings - Materials - Exterior Wall ... and

2. Edit - Default Settings - Walls - Exterior Wall - Define Wall type - Set your "Gray 3" as that exterior wall types exterior material

DJP

Thanks David, I had seen responses similar to yours previously; but if I click on - Edit -  Default Settings - Materials, "exterior wall" is not an option, only "walls (interior)/soffits" (see attached snip).

Material defaults.PNG

If I click on Edit - Default Settings - Walls, I can choose between various types of interior and exterior walls from the pull downs, but I don't see "define wall type", see attached snip.

wall defaults.PNG

I figure that I must be missing something, but can't seem to find it. 

D

Thanks Jo Anne, LawB10 - I had already used the dropper tool to change the siding globally, just found it odd that I could set my default preferences for so many other items, including interior walls, but not exterior siding.  I find it annoying that sometimes during a re-build of a roof, or if moving an exterior wall, that the siding will sometimes revert back to default, then you have to change it again. Oh well, best to leave it until the very end, when you know that no more changes will be made.  Based on how much we love using the software, I am not sure if there will ever get to that point!

D