Set exact dimensions - pointing finger missing

Acropolis

frustrating software, help says to set an exact dimension hover over and the select turns to a pointing finger.

on my mac sierra, the finer is not there, hours going in circles again.

what default must change - anyone know?

I've seen these come up randomly when you dont want it to, but now that I need to make exact dimensions, there isnt a single help as to where this pointing finger is if its not there

Broken software, backwards...I found a way to back into doing this, but MG is the help system broken, again, if the s/w doesn't do what the first indication is, you fall flat on your face.  If this was automotive software, you would still be driving  a 50 Chevy.  There is no reason in 2017 the s/w doesn't do simple room size changes easier, CAD or no CAD. If this is a MAC thing, they need to clarify their s/w performs horribly on a mac, which with all this, I'm starting to wonder if that is not a larger part of the problem. Everything seems straight forward, and it doesn't work.  Again, their s/w validation prior to release should have updated help, a pc person and a mac person side by side running through the steps, and where it fails, write an asterisk and give the user REAL help.