Cross gable on 11/2 story, 4 walls

I'm looking to design a cross gable roof on a story-and-a-half structure, using Home Designer Suite 2017. The exterior faces of all 4 walls should remain flush. An example picture is attached. This style is very common in my neck of the woods and we're looking to build new based on the historical elements represented.

I'm new to HD and have been through pretty well all the tutorial videos. Help appreciated.

StoneStoryandHalf.jpg

I have designed the (very) basic story-and-a-half, rectangular box structure. It is simple to design a cross gable roof if I build an extension out from a bearing wall. But I cannot find a way to design a cross gable roof and keep the bearing wall flush - at least in HD Suite 2017.

Questions are:

How do I design a cross gable roof, on a story-and-a-half structure, while keeping the face of the cross gable and walls beneath it flush?

Can this be done in HD Suite 2017? Or do I need the Gable Roof Line tool (found in the other versions)?

StoneStoryandHalf.jpg

Place 2 wall breaks in the front wall where you want the gable.

You now have a front wall with 3 sections. 

Open the center one and set it as Full Gable.

Thanks for posting an image of what you want to model, and for filling out your signature. It's also very helpful to see how far you have come -- posting images (screen captures) and or your plan file is generally good.

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

d.jpg

Wow!  Thank you for the very fast solution to adding the Full Gable. I was able to complete the attached sketch in 30 minutes or so.

Final question:

Is it possible to adjust the pitch of the Full Gable on the front of the design, separately from the pitch of the main roof (while keeping the length of the center section of the front wall as it is - not widen the front gable)?

i.e. I'd like to make the ridge lines meet.

HD Suite 2017

HouseGabled1.5Story.JPG

You may override the default pitch -- look in the Wall settings.

For your gable, you would need to create a room behind it, set the pitch on the walls -- the 2 walls where the fascia would be if there were no other roof.

The problem is getting the gable and eve fascia to connect.

I'm using products that have manual roof tools making things like this simple, so I'm not as familiar as others with the automatic roofs.