DXF Export Woes... Is this a bug?

elgreco

In HD PRO 2016 I was able to send any view, plan, elevation or section to Layout and then export from Layout to DXF. It worked well.

A strange thing happens when I try to do this in HD PRO 2017. The plan views transfer to DXF without a problem but the elevations are blank. Not a single line in an elevation view gets transferred to DXF (from Layout).

However, if I export the elevations, one at a time,  directly to DXF (ie. not sending to Layout first) then no problem.

Am I missing something here, a setting perhaps?

I have been using HDP since version 8.

Any thoughts?

Elgreco

---------------------------------

HDPRO 2017

Windows 10 64 bit, Core i5 3.30Gz CPU, 24Gb RAM,

RADEON HD 6800 Graphics

Yes exporting .dxf views from a layout is improper procedure from the beginning and doomed to fail.

The way this tool is designed to work is to export views from a camera view or while in a plan file exporting a plan view from your plan view. Exporting a .dxf view from layout always throws off your scaling of the exported view because a layout view exported is scaled for printing to a specific paper size which makes the resultant .dxf object hard to impossible to scale if you were to share it with an Architect or Engineer.

The plan views and camera views are always at "Real World" scale (1' = 1' scale) and so can be easily shared with AutoCAD or other CAD programs that also use real world scale. To do otherwise is a complete waste of your and others time.

DJP

Thanks David

In previous versions of HD PRO I would send my views, plans, sections, elevations etc to Layout at say 1:100 scale then import into Autocad (via DXF) and scale up by 100 and hey presto my Autocad file was at 1:1.

Somehow they have changed or removed this facility, presumably  to make exporting to AutoCAD more clumsy.

Maybe I am being cynical!

6 minutes ago, elgreco said:

Maybe I am being cynical!

Yes, you are me thinks. Call Tech Support on Monday. The thing for me is I never tried exporting from layout and so it never occurred to me to even try because from plan view or camera views the scaling takes care of itself. To each his own.

DJP

• Upvote 1