Roof design issues over kitchen / in courtyard

Avocado

Your walls are not aligned. The 2nd floor wall over the front door is thinner than the 9" wall where the arches are, and will need to be manually moved into position. Go to 2nd floor and turn on Reference Display. You will see the lower wall.

Same issue at the fireplace. The upper wall is thinner than the lower. This one may align using the Align With Wall Below tool.

I aligned the walls manually - so that worked. However, I do not understand why the walls have a different thickness to them...I certainly never changed it. Is there an explanation to why it does this?

The other question I have regarding walls is: You typically start with an exterior wall to create the outline of the house. What do you do when you end up with gables between the exterior walls. In the kitchen east wall, it starts with an exterior wall but then changes to an interior wall so the wall thickness is not the same, but in reality it will be framed with 2 x 6's the entire gable length.  (attached file)

Last -I added a water closet in the MBa - wanted 6' min depth so made a doorway and added an interior wall. (cut into the closet a bit but that's ok) Kind of worked - but could not get the doorway to open up to the 48" width of the water closet space.(attached file)

water closet.pdf

kitchen wall.pdf

37 minutes ago, Avocado said:

but could not get the doorway to open up to the 48" width of the water closet space

Don't see a need for a doorway, just remove the wall.

38 minutes ago, Avocado said:

What do you do when you end up with gables between the exterior walls

The program builds automatic attic walls, like the gable wall using the default interior wall. You can change it to suit, or set the lower wall to Balloon Through Ceiling Above.

For the pantry/kitchen walls, I'd just move the interior walls a bit to align, and not use a thicker wall. Or move the kitchen wall out a bit so it aligns. No need for thicker interior walls.