Wall Height adjusting

Richard159

Greetings, I'm rather new to this software as well as the forum and have a question specifically on wall heights.
I have the Home Designer Suite version and am experimenting with Sketchup 8 and other 3d programs compatibility with HDS but my main question is if there's a way to increase the standard 8' high walls to ten or twelve (or more) feet from the floor especially the first floor.
In the attachment shown which is still in the experimental and design phase I had to lower the Sketchup created walls to make it aesthetically pleasing to my eye but I would of rather have increased the wall height and left the Sketchup wall alone as originally envisioned.   Screen Shot 02-22-17 at 10.13 AM.PNG
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Richard

Thank you Solver, I found a post that covered it with a link. (https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-02969/changing-wall-heights.html) I'll also experiment with the soffits and see if that's better then sketchup which I find isn't editable other than adding color and textures to it at the moment.
Signature updated.

1 hour ago, Richard159 said:

Thank you Solver, I found a post that covered it with a link. (https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-02969/changing-wall-heights.html) I'll also experiment with the soffits and see if that's better then sketchup which I find isn't editable other than adding color and textures to it at the moment.
Signature updated.

This is also a good one to check out.

Tip: Wall Height

• Upvote 1

First, Why are you using Sketchup to create walls, when you can simply draw them using the software?

To raise the wall height, you raise the ceiling height for that room. For the wall extension, use the room divider tool

to create a room and then delete the moldings and uncheck roof over this room and lower the floor.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, LawB10 said:

First, Why are you using Sketchup to create walls, when you can simply draw them using the software?

To raise the wall height, you raise the ceiling height for that room. For the wall extension, use the room divider tool

to create a room and then delete the moldings and uncheck roof over this room and lower the floor.

thank you LawB, it's more or less an experiment but I'll be trying the Soffit route within the program next. 
So far I'm very happy with HDS and I plan on updating to either the A or P version in the near future but I first wanted to test it's strengths and weaknesses with other programs that I own.