Layout Dimensioning in CA Premier

PeterMD

My list of reasons to upgrade to CA Premier is long and growing longer.

I've pored over the comparison chart listing features of CA vs HD, but I am not seeing this particular feature that I would like:

In CA can you add dimensions to layout views after sending a layout view from the 3D plan to the 2D layout?

I'd like to be able to send the view to layout, then add dimensions, notes, etc, rather than having to clutter the elevation view with all the annotations.

Also a given elevation view might want to show different notes and dimensions on different sheets. I guess I can do that by creating multiple cameras to have multiple views in the plan, so each view connects to a specific layout.

I guess I'm used to mechanical CAD, such as Solidworks, where a single 3D model can be associated with multiple 2D drawing files.

I do realize that CA Premier allows multiple sheets per drawing. That alone should be a big help...

Peter

3 hours ago, PeterMD said:

In CA can you add dimensions to layout views after sending a layout view from the 3D plan to the 2D layout?

This feature exists in Home Designer Pro and Premier.  Any view, Plan or camera view can be dynamically connected and editable to the plan or camera view it originated on layout from in Pro or Chief Premier. It is easier to edit such views in Premier but also can be done in Pro.

DJP

I'll suggest you download the trial of Chief. Study and use it for a month. 

There are also free videos available for the people doing the trial on the Chief Architect site, along with many good videos on YouTube.

Consider watching the videos prior to the trial, giving you a head start.