Mixed roof: flat & hip roof

Canukistanian

On 2/9/2017 at 4:18 AM, Canukistanian said:

hello, i'd like to know how to make a mixed roof.  please see attached file.  how can i create a roof like this?  

I'm using HOME DESIGNER PRO 2017

thank you for your help

Canuckistanian

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 8.22.54 PM.png

It takes a lot of practice and study and sticking to it until you develop the skills. Roof geometry is determined by the geometry of your 3D model, Default Settings-Floor, Room Dialog settings, Build roof dialog settings and your developed skill at manually editing-creating roof planes.

DJP

I was not being a wise guy with my answer, your question was a little too broad to answer with certainty. LIke Law B10 commented a barrel roof in Pro is painstakingly difficult, in Premier it is a lot easier but you can use the dormer tool and specify a barrel roof (take a look the the dormer specification box-roof drop down. Each roof type and its geometry have specific steps to accomplish, this requires study followed by practice. There are no "tricks", just hard, intent work.

DJP

hi David, i didnt think you were being a wise guy. :)  I'll try messing around with the settings mentioned to see if I can get the desired effect.  It's been driving me nuts for months how to do this.  The roof on large houses like the one I posted, looks terrible if you can't get the flat roof right.  It's peaked way too high.  The plan I am building is:

https://www.architecturaldesigns.com/house-plans/palatial-manor-house-plan-31827dn

thanks again, and if you can think of any specific things I should try please share.